Monday, August 9, 2010

They were eager to learn, to be taught, and to teach.

Today was a lot to take in. New people, new motions, new lots of things.

At the end of it all, I can say that today was a good first day back to school. I can see myself doing well this school year if I apply myself, which I will.

Chemistry sounds like it's going to be hard, but I want to push myself. We talked about living on a career with just a high school education in geometry class today, and all I could think about was how I didn't want that to be me. I want to be in the few percentages that loves their job and loves what they do.

I want to go to college. I want to further my education. I want to understand things in a better way. I want to understand myself. I want to improve, to build, to create, to challenge, to endure, to succeed.

I want to live the fullest life I can.

This year is about healthy relationships with the people around me and staying focused on my grades. It's kind of a long shot, but I really want to be valedictorian of my class in my graduating year. I ranked 10 out of 361 students last year.

I think that's good.

But I can do better.

1 comment:

Cuppy said...

You are amazing and I have no doubts that whatever life path you take you'll be happy. One word of warning (coming from the high school drop out): Don't get yourself stuck in school for half your life unless you REALLY enjoy it. In fact, don't do ANYTHING unless you really enjoy it.

It's great that you are enjoying school, though. It's great that at least someone could possibly be benefiting from the educational systems. *sardonic smile*