Sunday, August 8, 2010

Short skirts, long hair, my hormones flying everywhere.

I always found it hard to work things through. Those school uniforms made a joke, made a joke of me and you.

So. It's Sunday night. I just had a bath and ate dinner (macaroni and cheese). I've taken some medicine that will hopefully help me sleep tonight. I can't stop thinking about tomorrow.

I'm going to talk about today in this blog post, though.

I went over to Kirtney's house at around 1:30 in the afternoon. We watched TV for an hour or so, and then we played a card game with her parents. I won. I'm proud to brag about this because I had never played the card game before. :)

Her parents dropped me off at my place at around 4:45, and then my mom and I went to Office Depot to get a few last school supplies. I mostly just needed a compass for geometry.

Then I went to Barnes & Nobles and Target, and I just browsed through the books. I found a couple things I wanted to buy. With school starting, I decided I'd just buy them later. I have to pay for things like my locker and lunch.

It was weird being at B&N and Target. Especially on a Sunday. I kept having flashbacks to when Rhianne and I would always hang out there. Like when she ran up to the Target sign, looked straight up at it, and commented on it's height. Or when we sat on the bench outside of Target and blamed Old Austin for all the shit that happened to us.

I started to blame Old Austin for how things ended with Rhianne and me, but then I realized it was all my fault. I'm responsible for my actions. The blame is entirely on me.

I look back on everything, and I see how I become worse of a person as a relationship progresses. It's like I stop caring as much, I don't put in the same amount of effort that I do at the beginning. And it's not a sufficient amount of effort anymore.

That's something I'm going to work on.

I know I don't get a second chance at being friends with Rhianne, but I'm going to learn from that. I would apologize to her, but I don't think she'd appreciate me digging stuff up. I'm just going to let it be and hope that everything ends up okay with her.

Life is scary.

But beautiful.

No comments: