Friday, October 15, 2010

A Quick Catch-Up

Before I even start, I have to say that Pierce the Veil has become my favorite band. I bought their album Selfish Machines, and I'm just in love. Their music is more like the kind of music I listened to in middle school when I was depressed, but I've been really happy the past two months.

Well, mostly happy. There's been some heartache and tears, of course. But I've been doing a lot better.

I'm sixteen now!! It's been awesome so far. I haven't gotten my driver's license, but I plan on getting it next week with Austin. He hasn't gotten his yet either, so we're trying to go on the same day. We were going to do it this week since it was fall break, but things got kinda crazy and we both weren't really ready.

I'm hoping to get a job soon, too. I talked to my parents about it the other night, and they're okay with it as long as I keep my grades up. My mom wasn't as enthusiastic about it like my dad, but... I really do want to try to have a job.

If it doesn't work out, it just doesn't work out. But I wanna try.

OH. I didn't have a birthday party, but the cool thing was that HOMECOMING was on my birthday! My birthday was on a Saturday, so I woke up, got dressed, went out to eat with my friends at a chinese restaurant, and then we all went to homecoming. We all danced together since the only real couple among us was Austin and Natasha.

Oh, and my birthday gift from all of them was this GIANT teddy bear. It's almost as tall as me. It was Natasha's idea, and everyone chipped in, and it was just really thoughtful. I had talked to Natasha about teddy bears a couple weeks beforehand, and it was just really sweet that she remembered.

So yeah, after that, I went home at, like, 11:30 that night, and I had my birthday cake. I made a wish on my sixteen candles. Then Austin offered for me to spend the night at his place, and we ended up crashing not an hour later because we were so exhausted from homecoming.

AND CORY COULDN'T GO BECAUSE HE WAS GROUNDED. Oh, that sucked. That was probably the one dent on my night.

I got to see Kirtney at homecoming. She tried to make me grind with her, but I just couldn't do it seriously. She didn't really hang around for long, though. But she had her reasons. I wish she would have.

But yeah, that was my sixteenth birthday. It was great.

I can't believe it still. I'm sixteen. I'm a sophomore. It feels like just yesterday was my first day as a freshman, staring at all the older kids who had cars.

Speaking of cars, my parents are planning on giving me the car we have now in a couple months. It's a silver Jeep, and it's only about two years old. It's pretty nice. I can't wait to have it, honestly. I think it's perfect for me.

I get my report card next week. I'm pretty confident I have nothing below a B. But I think most of my grades are B's. Which is okay. But not what I'm aiming for. I dunno. We'll see.

Fall Break has been really good. It's given me some much-needed time to rest.

I'm going to stop here for now. I have more to say, but I think I'll refrain from saying it all so I'll have something to post about soon.

Until then...

Au revoir!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That's really cool, glad to hear you're doing well!
Makes me want a teddy bear.. >_>
Sorry about Carl not getting to be there. :\
What are you going to be for Halloween? :D?
Or are you too cool for that now that you're 16? :P

Em said...

Oh, by the way. THat comment up there^ was from me. That's my band accnt. ^^ Just wanted to let you know. Hope you are doing well.

Carl said...

lo, Em, typo, I'M Carl, but we all know you meant Cory

Em said...

Aaaaaaah! OMG That's so embarrassing! I'm sorry! >.<
I feel like such a dork right now! xD

Em said...

Levi!! You need to post!
Oh and also, my e-mails aren't getting through to you for some reason.. *scratches head in confusion*

Em said...

When are you going to update again? :o